Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Monday-----Handover. Collection of House keys..


12 comments:

Petal said...

Oooooh, too exciting!!!! Red doors look fab - you must be so thrilled - and excited!
Just wondering if you have any children? You mentioned something about kids' bathrooms somewhere if memory serves me...and I was thinking if you do have kids (who are old enough to understand!) they would be soooo excited now. My kids already talk about their bedrooms, and moving in (I don't think they quite comprehend time...well, the younger 2) and they've got a while to wait yet!
So, how is everything??? Are you atually moved/moving in atm?

Awallace said...

Hi Petal

Yes its very exciting. So this coming Monday, we are doing our final inspection, and hope all is ok and to our satisfaction. Then off to PD head office to collect the keys and handover the cheque.

No we dont have kids yet, we have only been married for 6 months. Plan to have kids in the near future, once settled in.

So initially we have 42 squares of house to enjoy....:)

Flooring will be organized soon after handover...

Your home is looking great as well....

Chat soon

Bernadette and Perry said...

Very exciting (for all of us!). How long was the actual build time? Tell us about the flooring.....

:-)

Toni said...

Great news guys, was thinking of you today and wondering how it was all going. What's going on with your front door handle? Has one been pulled out? We've opted to just have a dead bolt put on and we will do the big long handles (not sure what the correct term if for them) Hopetoun had them at $600 a set.....I paid a third of that! Just bought 21 pieces of bathroom bits and pieces off ebay so that's another thing I can tick off my list. Anyway, back to YOUR house! Looks good, can't wait to see it with a driveway and external lights etc......oh and some pics of the rangehood and oven in too!! Take care, Toni

Toni said...

oh and enjoy all that space to yourselves!!!! I have oh, about 18 years till I have that again!!! Emillie (5yo) said she's never leaving home....I give her about 10 years to change her mind ;-)

Awallace said...

Hi Perry & Bernadette,

Yes its exciting....for all. I like reading your blog, petals, house-to-be and others.

Build time, approx 22 weeks. Thats quick. We were blessed with great weather.

Flooring: Downstairs: Vinyl planks that look & feel like timber. Karndean flooring. Low maintenance, ppl often mistake it for actual floor boards.

http://www.karndean.co.uk/products.asp?oz=pvc&range=Van%20Gogh&subrange=Woodplank

Carpet, short pile commercial grade in front study, lounge/study and rumpus.

Stair case: Carpet runner, on stained & varnished steps, all upstairs carpet. And of course wet areas tiled.

Will provide flooring pics when complete.

Awallace said...

Hi Toni

Front door lock will be a tri lock.

You must love your ebay...:)

Our driveway will be stamped concrete, light colour, and also a front path to the front door. Will deck the front porch with a step, as in the display home.

Another 18 years hey, gee i fell for you...


Chat soon

Awallace said...

Flooring website:

http://www.karndean.co.uk
/products.asp?oz=pvc&
range=Van%20Gogh&subrange=Woodplank

Petal said...

LOL -if you're planning a family soon, you'll have a lot more than 18 yrs!!! Congrats on the recent wedding - we just celebrated 16yr w/anniversary last week (!!!) We were just babies.....no, really! I was only 10yrs older than my eldest son - freaky! Anyway, goo to see some forward planning, and if you don't have kids straight away, you can always have fun practising in your new house!;)

Toni said...

Oh, yes love my ebay! Was really pleased with my purchases and guy is going to deliver them all to my house so that is nice.

I'll be 52 when my youngest turns 20 so that's not too bad. Even if they are still at home they'll be old enough to fend for themselves!

Nice start to your marriage with a nice new home :-) Enjoy it!

Karndean flooring looks really nice, I was looking at their w/s last week and am waiting on some samples. I love the Christchurch, Wellington and the Auckland in the Van Gogh range. Which is funny seeing as I was born in NZ.

Driveway and porch sound great. I love the decked front porch. There is a link on my blog to J&A, they have just done their porch - looks good. We are going to stamped driveway too, ours has to be a grey colour due to Estate Covenant.

We'll all be watching your finishing touches with great interest!!!!

T&L said...

Congrats guys - I feel excited reading about it. We ALL want pics!

Chris & Joanne Peters said...

Hey Andy!

Looking fantastic mate! We've been quietly following the progress of your build via your blog. It's been great and you've accomplished a great milestone! Building your own home, the way you want it!

We can't wait to follow in your footsteps, and it's very exciting that our project is now underway also! Check out my blog when you get a chance, they surprised us and started work again despite the power issues with the power company.

Was great catching up with you too the other night.

Talk soon and say hi to Simone!
Chris