Monday, March 31, 2008

More Interior pics





2 comments:

Toni said...

House looks great, love your choice of paint especially the Liberte!

We have made some variations similar to you. We've not gone to tender yet so still have nine days to think of more things. Today I emailed them to add on a sensor light to the pantry someone else gave me that tip! Also wanted a price to build the stud wall like you have done for your study/library in the normal study. I worried that double doors are going to stick into the room too much. Would much prefer a cavity slider in there.

I was thinking of having a bench in the laundry like you have done but decided I want to put up a fold down clothes line for winter. I could still put a bench under the line but we might do that ourselves later on if needed.

What flooring are you having? I'm still undecided on boards or tiles.

Ciao,
Toni

Awallace said...

Hi toni,

Yes a cavity door is much more space efficient compared to swing out doors. We were quoted $820, not included the upgraded stained doors. The cost most likely has increased since we were quoted.

Flooring. We will be doing our flooring after handover. Downstairs, vinyl planks that look like timber, more durable and low maintenance...they are used alot in commercial buildings and some supermarkets. Amasing stuff. Carpet for the rest, inc front study, lounge/library & home theatre room.

The vinyl planks can be viewed at a showroom on stud rd, Karndean international..

goto there website: www.karndean.com.au

and def check out there showroom, you will be impressed....

PS: Much warmer than tiles, and cheaper than timber.