Sunday, February 21, 2010

2010 Update

Celebrated our 2nd xmas and the house is coming along nicely. The front garden finally has the synthetic grass, which I installed myself. The crushed rock underneath, approx 75mm was compacted and levelled which is vital for a flat finish. Once laid, and pegged white fine sand was spread finely and evenly then broomed, using a special power broom, which you can hire. The grass looks and feels very natural. I wont have to worry about mowing it, watering it or pulling out weeds....:) The grass was sourced from magic turf. www.magicturf.com.au

Once the weather cools down I will be planting a Silver Birch tree in the middle, which will add height & focus to the front garden.




In regards to the backyard I have commenced building 2 decks (Wide Merbau planks). Digging holes is NOT a fun exercise, crow bar & pick/shovel become your friends. Great way to keep fit and lose a few pounds. Will also be installed LED lighting along the perimeter of the deck. Beacon lighting have great lights, not cheap but will withstand the weather.





No comments: